Hi, and welcome to PosiBody! I’m Amanda.
I’m the kind of woman who asks, “Why?” a lot and loves learning new things like how much brake pads cost and how many languages I could possibly speak without getting them all jumbled in my head.
I started PosiBody after writing the blog post “Adornments” which is published on my other blog. Writing those words sparked a question in my head: Why shouldn’t I write about body image and my reflections on society all the time?
And so, after much deliberation that would make even the producers of American Idol proud, here is PosiBody.
Here you’ll find encouragement to pursue health and positivity in your body, mind and spirit three times a week.
It’s my prayer this blog grows to be a community of men and women who want nothing more than to lift each other up (though they may be complete strangers), encouraging one another to be their best selves.
Finally, just for kicks, here are some things you may want to know about me:
- I’m the “mom” of my group of friends.
- I don’t know how to change a tire, but probably should learn since I drive a 12-year-old car which is susceptible to dings and scrapes.
- I’m a daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, friend, and confidant.
- I love Fraiser, Seinfeld, and Disney movies.
- Travel, writing, and building others up make me happy. Give me a cup of coffee along with those activities and you have the formula to grant me the perfect life.
Finally, I love you. I’m here for you. I’ll encourage you.